Saturday, January 7, 2012

Taking Advantage of Good Weather

Short post today...Since I live in the northern hemisphere, I now have old man winter with which to contend. Unfortunately, the older I get, the less tolerant I am to cold. That's why, when the weather is good, I try to take advantage of it. Today, the temperatures got into the 60's so my son and I went fishing. We didn't catch anything but that was a minor hiccup for an otherwise enjoyable afternoon. There is such a calm I feel when I am out in nature away from a lot of people, and especially by water. The browns of trees, greens of the grass, blue/greens of the water, and blues of the sky are so serene. They seem to restore something basic and elemental within me. We watched the geese swim so gracefully and bob for food. The wind driven ripples across the surface of the lake was like a dance. Simply a gorgeous day!



No comments:

Post a Comment