To my readers, I apologize that it has been so long since I last posted. A lot has been happening, to say the least. The nutshell version is as follows:
1) My daughter moved back home, which was great but also a big adjustment.
2) My kids began homeschooling.
3) I went back to school at the local community college and took two classes— Intro. to Journalism and Creative Writing. The first one was fine but the second one I absolutely LOVED! It opened a world to me that I’ve wanted to pursue for so long—writing! I actually completed three short stories, four poems, and a one-act play! I also did numerous writing prompts that may well be the inspiration for a future writing project. The class inspired me to re-apply at a local four-year college to finish my degree so I applied for financial aid, got approved and signed up for five classes. I will be majoring in English with an Emphasis in Creative Writing. I start next Tuesday and I can’t wait! I still have a lot to learn and I am a little intimidated (sort of like the star high school basketball player going to the NBA) but I’m also so excited!
4) I am helping my daughter get her driver’s license, a job, and finish school.
5) I lost my Uncle to cancer, which is the second relative I lost in 2012.
6) I put my house on the market with a realtor instead of continuing to try to sell it myself. In the meantime, we moved to a smaller, less expensive place as part of my simplification and debt payoff plan. We recently got an offer on the house and I’m waiting to see if it all goes through. Plus, we still have a yard sale to coordinate so we can get rid of more items that are at our former house.
7) My family took a couple of mini-vacations. I’ll write about those on my other blog Explore Virginia in the future.
8) I got my braces off! Yay!
9) I started eating a healthier, mostly plant- and juice-based diet (after watching Forks Over Knives and Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead).
10) I lost my mind, found it, then lost it again many times over! J
Well, as you can imagine, there are thousands of little daily problems and joys that I’ve experienced along the way but this will at least give you some idea as to what my life has been like over the past six or seven months. I plan to try to update this blog bi-weekly and actually have a pact with a blog buddy to help keep me honest and on track. You can check out her blog at High Quality Mothering.
I will keep you posted on my weight loss journey, my debt payoff plan, my writing classes, and so much more so stay tuned! In the meantime, I leave you with a quote from Anne Lamott’s Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life.
“Perfectionism is the voice of the oppressor, the enemy of the people. It will keep you cramped and insane your whole life.”